Many people wish to change the appearance of their smile. Communicating your desires can seem difficult, especially if it seems that you are having a hard time describing what you’re looking for. Here are some helpful guidelines so that you can get your thoughts across clearly to your Easton family dentists.
Quite often you and your dentist might struggle to communicate with one another. That isn’t because they don’t have your best interests at heart, but simply because they see your smile differently than you.
They don’t experience the function and design of your mouth in the same way you do. By being able to share your perceptions with the dentist, you offer them the chance to see things through your eyes.
In exchange, it’s important to listen to your dentist because they see your smile from the aesthetic perspective and can offer some great wisdom on what will or will not work.
Thoughts to Share
Prepare yourself for the next dental visit by having these facts ready to discuss with your doctor.
- What do you most like about your teeth when it comes to the size, color, spacing and shape?
- What do you dislike most about your teeth when it comes to the size, color, spacing and shape?
- What are your thoughts regarding how much of your teeth show when your lips are relaxed?
- What are your thoughts regarding how much of your teeth show when you smile?
- Do you desire to have perfectly aligned teeth?
- Do you desire teeth that are white enough to be in Hollywood?
- Would you prefer a natural color, shape and size of your teeth?
- What are your thoughts on the amount of gum tissue that shows when you smile?
The answers to these questions are going to help you become a better communicator with your dentist. When your practitioner hears your feelings regarding your smile, he or she will be better able to help you bring about the results you desire. Make an appointment with your Easton family dentists to discuss these thoughts and see what options they have available to fix the concerns you are facing. Call our office today at (610) 923-8340 to schedule your visit.