Easton Family Dental offers tips on how to keep your teeth stain-free
Having white teeth is everybody’s dream. While proper oral care routine is invaluable in maintaining your teeth’s shine, some foods we take and activities we do leads to teeth discoloration. Stain-free teeth do not only allow you to keep flashing those smiles but also suggest a healthy oral hygiene. We have gathered some of the most effective and practical tips to save your teeth from discoloration. Check out below.
- Do not Smoke. Not only can smoking lead to cancer, it also destroys your teeth. Aside from tobacco stains on your teeth, smoking will also give you gum disease and bad breath.
- Avoid teeth-staining foods and drinks. Drinking coffee and other hot beverages like tea and chocolate can also discolor your teeth by destroying your enamel. You may use a straw when sipping to lessen the impact of these drinks. Other foods you need to watch out for includes pasta sauces, curry, balsamic vinegar and berries. Be sure to rinse, or better yet brush your teeth, every after taking these foods.
- Invest in quality oral care products. Brushing your teeth three times a day won’t be enough if you don’t use the right products. A quality set of toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash will help you fight plaque build-up which causes discoloration.
- Get your teeth cleaned, professionally. A semi-annual visit to your dentist is ideal to keep your teeth white and clean. Talk to your dentist about your lifestyle for him to evaluate the needed procedures. Getting your teeth all cleaned up by a professional will let you flash that confident and comfortable smile.
- Drink enough water. Water is invaluable in maintaining our overall health, including our oral hygiene. Be sure to drink plenty of water. This will wash away the food that stays in your mouth after chewing. Chugging down water after meal will also help clear your throat and aid digestion.